New Firmware 50.25 - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 53 (permalink) Old 2016-01-31, 07:46 AM
Veteran

You can enable PPV Now under the "Tuners & Storage" banner. (Options-Preferences)

~Gary
Shaw Direct DSR 630 HDPVR w/Ontario Life | Aquos 46" 120Hz LCD TV | Watch Me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 53 (permalink) Old 2016-02-02, 08:34 PM

Missed recordings with new firmware???

We've lost two recordings since the firmware update: X-Files and a Coronation Street. We can't figure out why they didn't record - at least Corrie is a regular program that's been set up for ages. X-Files recorded the first two episodes correctly - not the 3rd.

What's up?
post #33 of 53 (permalink) Old 2016-02-03, 10:21 AM

I didn't lose X-Files or any other recordings since the update. Just lucky ?

post #34 of 53 (permalink) Old 2016-02-03, 12:54 PM

I was talking to tech about another issue yesterday and asked a second level guy about multi-delete. It took him about 10 minutes to investigate, but it seems that choosing multi then brings up a screen to check each event you want to delete, then deleting the bundle chosen. While I applaud the functionality, roll-out is terrible if we were all afraid to try it and the upper level tech had no idea how it worked.
Leafs13 likes this.

Sony KDL-52XBR4,SD DVR530/630,Tosh HD-A2 HD-A30, Pana DMP-BD65, Pio VSX-1015,Energy C3,CC100,ESM-4,S8.2, Engenius WAP
post #35 of 53 (permalink) Old 2016-02-03, 04:25 PM

Thanks BCScott. I might give it a try now that i know how it works

LOSat
post #36 of 53 (permalink) Old 2016-02-03, 06:11 PM

Shaw needs to offer a solution to shows that end a minute over the hour which might prevent taping of other shows.
That could explain why Xfiles didnt tape for Jasper. Theres no option to end recording sooner or on the hour.
post #37 of 53 (permalink) Old 2016-02-03, 08:24 PM

Jasper: check your upcoming recordings. My 630 has been recording X files airing on Space Friday evenings because of multiple conflicts
post #38 of 53 (permalink) Old 2016-02-03, 11:44 PM

The X-Files that was supposed to record on Fox on Monday is set to record on Space this Friday. But there was no conflict - why would it shift the recording to Friday?

It appears that Corrie was shifted to record on a CBC we don't receive. Why? Dunno.

We're checking each upcoming recording individually - we have no faith in the automatic recording since the firmware update.
post #39 of 53 (permalink) Old 2016-02-04, 12:13 AM

Now the status says:

b: Auth status (Tuner 1) REFRESH REQUIRED (MP)

I went to the website and did a refresh and no effect.

My 605 is working (so far).
post #40 of 53 (permalink) Old 2016-02-04, 12:41 AM

Many refreshes and hard reboots - no difference. Then I changed user profiles and immediately it's working again. Can't figure that out.
post #41 of 53 (permalink) Old 2016-02-04, 08:36 AM

Lightbulb Work Arounds - 3 Shows because 1 minute overlap

Thank you! Until Shaw realizes this, there are two options:
1. Manual Recording - the PVR list does not name the show that was recorded
2. PVR Options - Raise the priority of the most desired show in the PVR-Options listing.
You will lose the lower rated show in order to record the higher priority show

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlStatic View Post
...Theres no option to end recording sooner or on the hour.
post #42 of 53 (permalink) Old 2016-02-08, 01:07 PM

Location: VancouverBC/PV Shaw Direct 505-530-630, Telus Landline, Rogers PayGo, Panasonic Viera 50", HTPC-HDMI
I lost both recordings that were scheduled during the update. Too bad they do not let you schedule them.
post #43 of 53 (permalink) Old 2016-02-08, 07:41 PM

I think X-Files should do an episode called "Shaw's 630"

As I mentioned before, we're having trouble getting it to record properly. We brought up the guide for tonight and it's on Ch034 at 8pm. Pressed record this episode. The 630 wanders off and does its scheduling thing. After half an hour or however long it was scheduling (just seems like half and hour) we checked and yes, it was set to record at 8pm tonight . . . . on Ch037!!!! Let's just say we don't want to record on Ch037 right now. Ultimately we discovered "Other Channels" and that we could force it to record on Ch034. For some reason "Other channels" only allows you to set one channel (e.g. if we set CTV Ch034 (and its clone 293), if we had previously set Fox, it drops Fox).

There are NO recordings immediately before or after so there are no conflicts.

So why the heck would it set up 037 when we told it we want 034?

The way it is right now, we can't trust this thing to record anything on its own - have to check everything then often beat it into submission.

(and a separate whine - we had 6 one hour programs set up the other night - two in parallel at a time running for 3 hours straight. The **** thing recorded 5 of the 6).

Arrrrgh!
post #44 of 53 (permalink) Old 2016-02-09, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJoe View Post
There are NO recordings immediately before or after so there are no conflicts.
No 1-Minute overlap of another show just before the start of X-Files? Strange!
You might try to change the timer to manual recording or just playing around.

Strange....

We check the scheduled recordings every morning just to be on the safe side.
post #45 of 53 (permalink) Old 2016-02-09, 04:59 PM

new firmware

I got mine without notice think in the middle of the night where it stped a reccrding in the middle of the progrmme to start the download. Sort of pissed me off. Like nt haiving the notices on screen allows me to transfer stuff from teh 630 PVR to a DVD when it gets to full and I need to delete stuff, I hate on screen graphics and think that whoever invntedsnipes and onscreen logos should be shot or perhpas something ab it less drrastic.

I found the multi delete whihc is nice, but once I slect many things to delete I have not figured out what to do to delete them all anyone figure this out.

I have alos noticed that the PVR will try and record things the first time they are on and if three things are on at once it does not find a later rerun of one of the toop two programmes in the poriority list and record that so the 3rd things that is only on once can be recorded.

At least now back to where it was before the last upgrade.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.