NBA League Pass - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 2015-11-20, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

NBA League Pass

Hi,

I was on SD's website the other day, looking to see if they've added any new HD sports stations, and noticed that the NBA League Pass was FREE if you had HD Sports and HD Combo. Since I have those, I checked my guide, and couldn't find any listings for any upcoming games on channels 192-197 ( incorrectly listed as 292-297 on their website - which I brought to their attention, but they haven't corrected ).I called SD up, to try and find out why there were no games showing in my guide - not only is NBA League Pass completely absent from my guide ( eg. it skips from channel 178 to 198 ) - manually entering the channels didn't do anything either. The first person I talked to, determined after about 10 minutes that I needed a 'guide flush' - and transferred me to someone else. I was on the phone with this next person for about a half hour. At first, he said that there just weren't any games ( that weren't blacked out ) on at the time I was calling ( this past Tuesday around 9 PM EST ) - but that the channels should still be showing in my guide. So we spent about 20 minutes where he would ask me to punch in a channel on my remote that I did get like TSN 1 - and then ask me to try punching in channel 192. We tried this on two of the four TV's I havs DSR 605's hooked up to. After every time I punched in a station that I did get, he would ask me to verbally confirm that I received it - similarly with channels 192-197 ( eg. he wanted me to verbally confirm that I wasn't receiving it, or it still didn't show in my guide ). I only bring this up as we did this for about 20 minutes, and I'm not exactly sure just what, if anything, he was trying to ascertain on his end. He put me on hold twice, and after the second time he came back, he said that he 'talked to someone else there' - and this was a common problem when there were no games to show ( eg. there were NBA games on, but they were all blacked out ). As I was getting the distinct impression that he didn't have any idea what he was talking about - I ended my phone call, as by this time, I had spent about 45 minutes on the phone with SD.

So, since Tuesday, I've checked my guide at various times the last two nights, and there have been no games listed in my guide ( there's none shown upcoming for the next week ) - and as it says on SD's site that one will be able to see 500 out of market games with League Pass, I find it a little suspicious that there have been none on TV the last three nights. So I have two questions, has anyone been able to watch any NBA League Pass games the last three nights ( Nov.17th - 19th ) - or for that matter EVER this season ? And secondly, I noticed while checking the guides on my four DSR 605's - that they all have slightly different channels that they get ( or don't get ) - all those channels being between channel 0-197. Why would each DSR in my house be getting a different set of channels - keep in mind that no one in the house uses channel favorites, or channel blocking of any kind.

I wasn't going to bother asking this, but I just received an email from SD noting that I had recently called them, and they wanted me to rate my 'customer experience' from my call. I would call them back or respond to their email - but that will just raise my blood pressure more than I can justify. So just putting it out there to see if anyone else has had any experience with SD and NBA League Pass.

Thanks.

Cheers !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 2015-11-20, 03:38 PM

I find sometimes with the new updated guide channels that you should have get omitted. When you are the guide and try to go to them it won't it'll just skip over. If you are on a channel (any one) and punch in the channel # for another channel that isn't showing up in your guide (ie 193) it will go there. I have this issue on both a 600 and 605 receiver with the music stations. There was games on there last night and tonight on 195 Nets & Celtics, 196 Rockets & Grizz, and one on 197 Mavs &???. They show up in my guide but not the Stingray Music Channels???? weird
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 2015-11-20, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Hi Sawguyg,

So I think you're saying that the games won't show up in my guide ( like some stations don't show up in your Stingray Music channels ) - but if I were to tune to them manually, by just entering the number on my remote, it should take me to the channel. Can you let me know what time the games are on tonight - as the guy at SD seemed to tell me that if I tuned into a channel that wasn't actively showing a game, I wouldn't be able to go that channel ( which doesn't make sense, because the Centre Ice and Sunday Ticket packages, which I don't subscribe to, both show in my guide - and when I go to them, I get a "you're not subscribed to this channel" message, regardless of whether a game is playing on that channel at that time ).

Thanks !

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 2015-11-20, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

I most likely won't be home until 9:30. I see the Dallas game starts at 8:30 EST - is that what the start time is showing for you on channel 197 ?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 2015-11-20, 07:42 PM

There is nothing on that channel until the game is on It works the same as the NHLCI channels. Yes the time for Jazz vs Mavs is 8:30 EST. There is also a late game on 195 Bulls/ Golden State. For Sat 195 Kings/Magic @5 ET followed by Grizz/Spurs. And on 197 Knicks/Rockets. That will get you started
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 2015-11-24, 12:24 PM

I'm surprised SD can offer NBA League Pass free as part of another bundle. I'm also surprised you had a bad experience with SD CSRs. When I was with Star Choice as it was then called, I found them to be very helpful. I currently have NBA League Pass with Bell and I always get every game unless TNT is carrying a double-header in which case TSN will carry it and not League Pass. Sometimes SN will carry a non-Raptor game but NBA TV has been carrying a lot of games as well. So, if you can't find a game on League Pass, it may very well be on the other channels I've mentioned.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.