Shaw Direct Programming/Pricing Discussions - Page 18 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #256 of 272 (permalink) Old 2017-01-31, 01:04 PM
Veteran

Info is U, which I think means it needs to be active on an account, or something close to that. CTV2 Alberta, Knowledge, and TSC are ZK, which work on previously active receivers.

TVO is full subscription.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #257 of 272 (permalink) Old 2017-03-04, 11:09 AM

Pick & Pay

Anyone have any info on when this will be ready to be fully initiated? Also where can it be found on the Shaw website?? I have looked and cannot locate where it will be?

Thanks
post #258 of 272 (permalink) Old 2017-03-04, 11:20 AM
Veteran

Pick and pay is here already. All providers are doing it differently. So far in my opinion Shaw Direct has the best pick and pay choice but there are additional charges for US networks and for multiple receivers. Bell is the worst one but Bell offers some discounts to customers who complain.

post #259 of 272 (permalink) Old 2017-03-04, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundercraft View Post
Anyone have any info on when this will be ready to be fully initiated? Also where can it be found on the Shaw website?? I have looked and cannot locate where it will be?

Thanks
I have the pick and Pay plan with Shaw , I think my options were good and yes far cheaper than Bell, look at the bottom of the packages, click on Packages - Tv Packages-Limited Tv
post #260 of 272 (permalink) Old 2017-03-04, 12:14 PM

@thundercraft I moved your post to this thread. There are 2 ways you can add individual channels:
1) add 10, 30 or 45 channels as part of the Limited TV "skinny basic"
2) add single channels to any package.
a) pick a package on the website
b) go to "Step 2 - Add more channels"
c) chose one of the "Channel Categories"
d) click on "Individual Channels" at the top of that section.

There may also be a way to do it if you log in to your account, but I'm not a customer, so I don't know.
post #261 of 272 (permalink) Old 2017-03-18, 02:29 PM
Veteran

I've updated my channel guide website that will allow you to filter available channels by package. It's a work in progress. Right now I only have Ontario done but it shouldn't be too much longer before I have the rest of the provinces.

Classic Guide
Complete list of channels available in the All Channels package for Shaw Direct customers located in Ontario

Advanced Guide
Complete list of channels available in the All Channels package for Shaw Direct customers located in Ontario
dave604, bos17 and NovaMan like this.
post #262 of 272 (permalink) Old 2017-03-31, 09:30 AM
Rookie

With all the talk of channels, I am surprised that no one has made mention of the new banner appearing on channel 89 and others talking about 26 new HD channels coming this year. The first one has already appeared on channel 97, CP 24 news (HD)
post #263 of 272 (permalink) Old 2017-03-31, 09:39 AM

@venture2000 you should look in this thread - lots of discussion.

Shaw Direct Channel Discussion Thread
post #264 of 272 (permalink) Old 2017-03-31, 09:41 AM
Rookie

They were mentioned a few pages back. Also there was CBC Ottawa HD and Fight Network HD added the same time as CP24 HD, so three of them have been added. There are also plans for a few French and couple English ones I know of, but not sure on the rest of them.
post #265 of 272 (permalink) Old 2017-04-04, 11:42 AM

I noticed that Shaw Direct recently reduced the price of the Super Channel package to $10/month. They are joining Rogers, Telus and many smaller providers in making this permanent change (this isn't a temporary promo.) Note that Shaw Cable still charges $18/month.
post #266 of 272 (permalink) Old 2017-04-04, 12:11 PM

Just checked my March bill... shows $14 (plus tax)... is this price change impending?

... Mike
post #267 of 272 (permalink) Old 2017-04-04, 12:21 PM

I think it is a recent change on the website. My current (online) bill also does not reflect the recent price change. Meant to call about this so this is a good reminder.

LOSat
post #268 of 272 (permalink) Old 2017-04-04, 12:30 PM

Oh, man, finding prices on their site is quite a trip. I will take a look. Thanks.

... Mike
post #269 of 272 (permalink) Old 2017-04-04, 01:35 PM

I noticed Shaw Direct was on this list of $10 providers today, but it wasn't there last time I checked on Feb. 15. I don't know when Shaw Direct actually made the change, so if someone paid $14 last month, the change may have been prorated for a price change in the middle of a billing cycle.
Source: 10 Dollar | Super Channel

Here is Shaw Direct's page that confirms the $10 price:
Shaw Direct

The funny thing is that when I just clicked "Learn more," it shows the old price of $19.99/month.
post #270 of 272 (permalink) Old 2017-04-04, 01:38 PM

The fact that parts of the Shaw Direct website are not up to date is not a surprise.
RuralRouter likes this.

LOSat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.