Shaw Direct Channel Discussion Thread - Page 33 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 60Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #481 of 493 (permalink) Old 2017-10-31, 03:27 AM

Thanks for that info. Using an iPad Air 2 and Safari. Because who would possibly use such archaic devices. lol. Ok, I’ll try and fix what’s ‘wrong’ at my end. I hit a site the other day which stated “no Flash, no good for you”. Good ol’ days...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 493 (permalink) Old 2017-11-02, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHans View Post
I honestly don't see what's wrong with doing this. As I said, I'm not even relatively close to Toronto, so I should be able to watch as far as I'm concerned. Good luck!
That is not the purpose of regional blackouts. They have nothing to do with going to games, or who else is playing that night.
post #483 of 493 (permalink) Old 2017-11-02, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs13 View Post
That is not the purpose of regional blackouts. They have nothing to do with going to games, or who else is playing that night.
Really? What's the purpose then? I always wondered.

post #484 of 493 (permalink) Old 2017-11-03, 04:46 PM

Regional blackouts have to do with rights fees. Rogers has the national hockey rights, and each Canadian team can be shown nationally only a certain number of times. The other games can only be shown on local TV in the teams' home regions as shown on the map from a previous post. If someone outside the home region wants to watch one of those games, they have to subscribe to Centre Ice
TheHans and Leafs13 like this.
post #485 of 493 (permalink) Old 2017-11-03, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchophile View Post
Regional blackouts have to do with rights fees. Rogers has the national hockey rights, and each Canadian team can be shown nationally only a certain number of times. The other games can only be shown on local TV in the teams' home regions as shown on the map from a previous post.
Oh, now I understand I think. You're saying it's blacked out for me because I'm in B.C. But wouldn't be if I lived in Toronto and subscribed to the same package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchophile View Post
If someone outside the home region wants to watch one of those games, they have to subscribe to Centre Ice
Or use a VPN once logging in to TSNGo or Sportsnet Now. That seems to work also. What you said also explains why the VPN needs to be a Toronto IP address.
QCK and Leafs13 like this.
post #486 of 493 (permalink) Old 2017-11-30, 12:08 PM

Shaw has finally updated their online Channel Lineup PDF. It used to be in classic channel number sequence for "essentials" and then by theme groups. It now seems to be alphabetic order of channel name divided into English and French channel groups and then Audio/Radio/Sports/PPV and Adult.

http://assets.aws.shawdirect.ca/uplo...ls-english.pdf

They seemed to have left out some Standard Definition channels in the list like the TMN's

Also Lygnsat seems to be more up to date with Advanced Channel Numbers and all the new HD channels added over the summer.

F1R/G1
https://www.lyngsat.com/packages/Sha...107W_chno.html

F2
https://www.lyngsat.com/packages/Sha...111W_chno.html

LOSat

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2017-12-01 at 12:45 PM. Reason: moved from official new channel announcement thread
post #487 of 493 (permalink) Old 2017-12-01, 12:04 PM

What is the Frame??
(Can't go to your channel to look b'cuz we don't have Classic.)
post #488 of 493 (permalink) Old 2017-12-01, 12:46 PM

Frame is an Armchair Tourist channel, currently showing the fire log.
Quote:
The Frame is a 24-hour commercial-free photographic art service showcasing spectacular images from around the world. The galleries rotate every 30 minutes with images changing every 30 seconds.
The channel number is 949 according to Zap2it.

Last edited by Dr.Dave; 2017-12-01 at 02:03 PM. Reason: added channel number
post #489 of 493 (permalink) Old 2017-12-08, 11:07 PM

Oh that sounds pretty too bad we can't see it.
post #490 of 493 (permalink) Old 2017-12-10, 04:48 PM

Shaw Direct used to have the Frame but dropped it some time ago. Zap2it is always up to date. They still had Sunday Ticket channels listed in their old channel number position in the 400's until recently.

LOSat
post #491 of 493 (permalink) Old 2018-01-08, 03:36 PM
Veteran

History Channel East/West

I'm pretty sure that I used to get both channels. I do get History HD. The funny thing is that both (E/W) show in the guide but I am only getting one. If I am only supposed to get one of them, why do both show in the guide since non-subscribed channels shouldn't be showing? Anybody else? If you get History, are you getting both feeds in addition to HD?
post #492 of 493 (permalink) Old 2018-01-08, 10:20 PM

I get both feeds in addition to the HD. Have you tried a receiver refresh through the shaw direct web site?
post #493 of 493 (permalink) Old 2018-01-09, 03:43 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straffer44 View Post
I get both feeds in addition to the HD. Have you tried a receiver refresh through the shaw direct web site?
Crisis diverted - channel is back.

Tags
cw network , hd channels , new channels , shaw direct , superstations , wgn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.