CBC Leaf Games Only In Stereo - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 2014-12-02, 10:49 AM

Not a Leafs game but last night seemed like Tampa and the Rangers on Sportsnet was only stereo as well but Bruins and Ducks was 5.1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 2014-12-02, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

I was just able to get an email for the Executive Producer for HNIC and will be sending them a note shortly.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 2014-12-02, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Finally getting somewhere, the Executive Producer for HNIC has hooked me up with the Executive Producer for remote broadcasts and well see how it goes from here.

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 2014-12-02, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Holy Crap, now tonights game on TSN 4 only has sound in the front three channels, no side or rear surround. For us and Bell..... so far.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 2014-12-02, 10:04 PM

I had a sound system around 2006 with Bell Express view CBC games only the 2 front speakers worked TSN 2 front speakers and 1 back speaker the only thing I got from the back speaker was a hiss and a lot of swearing.

FOX Games in Centre Ice were 5.1 which kind of pissed me off if FOX could do it why couldn't a Canadian channel.

Sound system burnt up got a tv with stereo and simulated Dolby but no 5,1 surround so can not check.
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 2014-12-02, 10:09 PM
Veteran

So its CBC and they can't seem to improve it. When I watched CVBC the sound levels were low and the commercials were 5.1 loud.
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 2014-12-10, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Well last nights game on TSN did not have any surround sound again and after emailing back and forth with the CBC Execs nothing has changed, problem is they did not fix anything for last Saturdays game and did not even bother to email me to see if I had heard a difference. I will give them until this Saturday's game and if there is no change I will try my luck with Rogers people seen as how they spent so much money on acquiring the rights for all these games. Maybe tonight's game will sound better as it is in Detroit, might prove that there is a problem with the microphone cables that are run at the ACC.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 2014-12-11, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

Last night's game in Detroit sounded great, another vote for the problem is with the ACC equipment.
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 2014-12-11, 09:53 AM
Veteran

Or maybe the ACC/MLSE simply doesn't care what kind of sound they supply to the broadcasters. They know most viewers don't care one way or the other.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 2016-10-29, 10:34 PM

Tonight's game is in stereo on CBC buy surround on City. Has this been going on since this thread started?(I didn't watch much at all last season)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.