Shaw Direct in my RV - Page 2 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 2015-10-30, 04:25 PM

Shaw Direct

With Shaw Direct's Seasonal Break service, you can put your account on hold for up to six months when you're on vacation.
Simply tell us when you're leaving, and when you're planning to return. We'll suspend your programming and billing on your departure date, and automatically reconnect it for you upon your return, hassle free and no cost.

Requirements to qualify for a Seasonal Break:

Services may be suspended for a minimum of 14 days to a maximum of 180 days in a 12 month timeframe
Upon Seasonal Break request, you must commit to an automatic reconnect date within the 180 day period
All promotions and grandfathered packages are removed and cannot be re-added after your Seasonal Break
Account must be current - Seasonal Break will not be processed until the overdue balance is cleared

When it comes to humility, I am the greatest!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 2015-10-30, 04:28 PM

OK, great.
Tell me, can a person do that for only 1 of their Shaw services or would they have to suspend ALL their services.
Not really important in my case since Sat TV would be my only Shaw service, just curious.
Thanks
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 2015-10-30, 06:14 PM
JCM

Set up a separate dish or input to the receiver that you use in your motorhome. Then just disconnect it and take it out to your motorhome and hook it up in the house. It will then stay alive. Then disconnect it when traveling but try to set it up every day so that it can stay activated. Don't order movies etc. while on the road.

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 2015-10-30, 09:24 PM

That's what I do with my TELUS sat service.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.