Starting June 6, the software on all Shaw Direct 6XX receivers (HDDSR 600, HDDSR 605, and HDPVR 630) will be updated from Current Version 06.22 to 07.33
When will I receive the update?
The upgrade will be deployed gradually starting June 6. When you see a “Target Version” on line I of System Status (OPTIONS 4-7), your receiver will be upgraded automatically around 2:10AM local time
. The upgrade will occur regardless of whether the receiver is left on or off and should take less than an hour to complete. If you like, you can start the download manually by selecting "Start Download" in OPTIONS 4-7.
If your receiver has not been targeted, it is not possible to force the update.
All units will be targeted and upgraded over the coming weeks.
Will all my recordings and settings migrate to the new version?
Yes, as long as you are coming from 06.22.
What's new in this version?
The overall look/feel of the system is unchanged with this version. 07.33 contains a variety of minor updates and enhancements, along with enabling set-top Video On Demand
, delivered via your high-speed internet connection. Many of the enhancements have been suggested by our customers and staff!
Other highlights include:
- Recurring Auto-tunes - Manual Timer functionality now includes the ability to set a recurring (repeating) auto-tune timer. Channel, duration, and frequency can all be adjusted to automatically tune to your favourite program. Access via MENU --> Reminders --> Auto-tune (HDDSR) or MENU --> PVR --> Manual Timer (HDPVR).
Note: The entire duration is considered when setting manual auto-tunes and will create conflicts. Priority can be adjusted accordingly depending on your preferences.
- Faster Guide, Search, and PVR List Performance - Optimizations have been made and Guide and PVR List should now be noticeably faster to load and navigate.
- Info Screen Enhancements - Long episode titles will now wrap to the next line; premiere/finale information is displayed on the "More Info" tab; and the HDTV icon has been shortened to HD.
- HDPVR 630 Enhancements, including - Programs older than 30 days now list the month instead of the day in the PVR List; an hourglass icon now appears in the Guide when scheduling one-time recordings via the REC button; more consistent trickplay performance during recording playback.
- Guide Loading/Guide Backup Changes - HDDSR units now maintain a 24-hour mini-backup of the Guide. Full data will still reload in <30 minutes following a reset or flush. HDPVR units will no longer display the "Loading" message when the Guide is being backed up.
- Caller ID - Changes have been made to Caller ID which should yield more consistent performance in "marginal" locations with weak ring voltage or lots of noise on the line.
More details will be provided on Shaw Direct On Demand in the coming days!