Shaw Direct Remote Control Discussions. - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 102 (permalink) Old 2013-08-04, 12:58 PM
Rookie

Remote Programming for a Samsung Sound Bar / TV Combo

I have a Samsung Series 4 Plasma TV - Model # PN42C450B1DXZA combined with a Samsung Crystal Surround Air Track sound bar Model # HW-E450C. I am running a Shaw DSR 505 HD receiver with an IRC 550 remote. The soundbar is connected to the Shaw receiver with an optical cable. Sound connection was easy and sounds decent for an entry level sound bar with Bluetooth sub. The Shaw remote always controlled the Samsung TV but I need to also control the Samsung soundbar. I searched Digital Home for remote programming information but could not find anything for this older Shaw unit to control the soundbar. Would anyone have the programming code for this remote that would sync the IRC 550 remote to this setup. If a code does not exist would automatic remote programming work? If neither of these options are available is an updated Shaw remote the solution or a Logitech Harmony remote or is there a cheap 3rd party remote that would work for both the Shaw receiver and the Samsung TV/Bar combo available? Having to use 2 remotes right now which is not making the wife happy

Thank you in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 102 (permalink) Old 2013-08-05, 08:59 AM
Veteran

There is no "automatic remote programming". There is code search which scans codes built into the remote. YMMV with that, since that is an older remote and newer hardware (a class that never existed the 8+ years ago that remote was made).

You likely would not get a good and cheap remote, at least with some compromising.
post #33 of 102 (permalink) Old 2013-08-08, 08:26 PM
Rookie

You can reference the bellow link to obtain programming codes/instructions for your particular remote.

http://www.shawdirect.ca/english/cus...e_controls.asp

I personally love the Harmony remotes, well worth the money. You may have problems with a new shaw remote also, i find its hit or miss most of the time.

post #34 of 102 (permalink) Old 2013-08-12, 01:51 PM

Remote control

We have a 630 and a 530. The 530 is kept plugged in as a back-up in case the 630 claps out. We recently had a new LNB installed to accept the new HD channels. I recently found that the 530 no longer worked so phoned Shaw and they gave the 530 a factory reset and fixed the problem. Problem now is that the remote turns both receivers on and off at the same time. I tried many times to change the address number on the 530 from 0000 to 0001 and also 0004. Nothing worked. I hold down the sat button until the flashing, then punch in the new number and then hit enter. Can anyone be so kind enough to advise me what I am doing wrong - Thanks
post #35 of 102 (permalink) Old 2013-08-12, 05:19 PM

just in case....
make sure the 630 is powered off or unplugged.
Depending on the remote, it may be 002, 003 etc.
You should get a quick flash or 2 back on the remote when you successfully enter a new code.
post #36 of 102 (permalink) Old 2013-08-12, 05:48 PM

Thank you kindly for your response SMP01. I finally got it right although I do not know what I did different. I did the same as before as far as I am concerned. The only difference I can see is that I was getting exasperated by it and pressed all the numbers and the enter button much harder. May have been a week button on the control.
post #37 of 102 (permalink) Old 2013-08-13, 09:04 AM
Veteran

Leave the 530 and change the address on the 630.

But your remote is probably fine, just use the 630 remote to go to the remote setting in the 530 receiver, then hit Enter on the 530 remote.
post #38 of 102 (permalink) Old 2013-12-07, 04:35 PM

IRC 600 remote - code for Bose Solo?

Anyone know if the Bose Solo TV sounds system can be controlled by the IRC600. Id so, what is the code?

Thanks

John
post #39 of 102 (permalink) Old 2013-12-08, 09:40 AM
Rookie

Compatible Remotes

I am looking for a remote for a 600 receiver.
I know that Star Choice remotes are compatible to ShawDirect. Are there any others, maybe Direct TV?
post #40 of 102 (permalink) Old 2013-12-08, 11:01 AM

Leesnurg, I've never used Star Choice/ShawDirect, but I think most universal remotes are compatible with Star Choice. One thing to watch out for is that not all remotes support every button even if they say that they support Star Choice.

If you decide to try a universal remote, make sure you can return it if it's not fully compatible.
post #41 of 102 (permalink) Old 2013-12-27, 11:27 AM

Shaw Direct IR/RF 600 to Talk to Sony 3d flat screen

Hi all,
New KDL50R550A 3d tv! Trying to get the Shawdirect remote (IR/RF 600) to control on/off and volume.
Only one code (020) will turn it off but it seems that no other code will turn it back on. I've tried direct entry of codes and the 'point and press' scan method.

Anyone have any luck with this combo?

Thanks.
post #42 of 102 (permalink) Old 2014-04-23, 02:58 PM

Location: VancouverBC/PV Shaw Direct 505-530-630, Telus Landline, Rogers PayGo, Panasonic Viera 50", HTPC-HDMI
Angry

I have 2 630s with their original remotes. Each remote has lost some keys functions. They remain operational but the keys for playing recordings no longer work.

I have tried changing the batteries without success. Does Shaw Direct have a remote exchange program?

Any other ideas? I have a universal remote but I am using the FM version for both so it is of limited usefulness.
post #43 of 102 (permalink) Old 2014-04-23, 04:53 PM
Rookie

^^ I open up the remotes every 8 months or so and use rubbing alcohol to clean the circuit board and also under the rubber keypad. It makes it work like new again. You wouldn't believe the oil from our skin that collects under the rubber keypad over time. Good luck. The are only two screws located under the batteries that need to be removed first, before you pry the two plastic pieces apart.
post #44 of 102 (permalink) Old 2014-04-24, 09:14 AM

Location: VancouverBC/PV Shaw Direct 505-530-630, Telus Landline, Rogers PayGo, Panasonic Viera 50", HTPC-HDMI
Would regular vodka work? I get it for 43 pesos/litre.
post #45 of 102 (permalink) Old 2014-04-24, 11:06 AM

Is there a secret to getting the 2 pieces to start coming apart. I am trying and it is stuck tight! I have gone over the whole seam with an Exacto knife but have not found a suitable prying spot yet. I assume the bottom is where I start?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.