Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaw Direct 2012 New Channels Discussion

141K views 353 replies 97 participants last post by  bigoranget 
#1 ·
New Channels always generate a lot of discussion so this thread is for discussing new channels in 2012.

You're welcome to speculate and discuss new channels coming to Shaw Direct in 2012 but PLEASE unless it's been confirmed by an official press release, be clear about what is speculation and what is fact.

A post saying "a CSR said it was coming" is NOT official, however, it does put it in the "highly" likely category.

If its posted on the CRTC site that its been approved by the CRTC but Shaw Direct has not said anything, I would consider that in the "not very likely at this time" category.

Replaces Shaw Direct 2011 New Channels Discussion

#343 ·
We have Digital indulgence Lite with the Western US nets in HD. We are getting NatGeoWild HD , but it does not come up in our guide because the unsubscribed channels are hidden. As for the SD version, I don't know. This might be a mistake on SD's part, so I will not bring it to their attention. :)

#345 ·
It was indicated last week that Shaw D will be adding Disney XD this Thursday (Nov 22) Standard Def. I had questioned a CSR if any new channels were on the horizon, this was mentioned. From my conversation looks like this is the last of any new channels until the new satellite is up and running unless something else changes.

#352 · (Edited)
NHL Center Ice transponder space

Here's a crazy thought. If the NHL season gets cancelled in January, Shaw should just temporarily do away with all the NHL PPV channels and add a bunch of new stuff. Right now all that transponder space is being wasted while the players and owners throw poo at each other.

No need to wait for G1 to be put into service if there is no NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.