DSR600 coming July 4th - Page 3 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #31 of 77 (permalink) Old 2011-06-30, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Member #1

Quote:
great for bedroom projection tv!
Us Digital Home members can be an odd lot

Back on topic, my guess is we will see trade-in offers in the coming year as the launch of Anik G1 is launched and Shaw pushes more customers to have MPEG4 receivers.

(please discuss Anik G1 launch and new dishes in existing dedicated threads -not here)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 77 (permalink) Old 2011-06-30, 03:36 PM

It gets mounted on the headboard, and points up at the ceiling.
(the projector).
post #33 of 77 (permalink) Old 2011-07-04, 09:48 AM

Has anyone attempted to get a trade in deal yet?

post #34 of 77 (permalink) Old 2011-07-04, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Member #1

Just released today. As I said, look for trade-in deals closer to launch date.

if a trade-in deal is announced, rest assured you'll hear about it here very quickly.
post #35 of 77 (permalink) Old 2011-07-04, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaseme View Post
Fingers crossed for a secret trade in deal for 505's, maybe for 0$
Hi Everyone,

Just a note to ensure you're aware of which connections you're using and which you can do without. The HDDSR 600 doesn't have component video (green/blue/red) or optical digital audio, so if you need these the HDDSR 605 might be a better fit for you.
post #36 of 77 (permalink) Old 2011-07-04, 05:50 PM

Went to buy 1 of these receivers today....no luck in Dawson Creek.Going to 4 different carriers of Shaw Direct only 1 had even heard of the 600 but wasn't sure when they were getting any. The others gave me that blank look a strange dog gives when you whistle for it. Best/worse response was local hardware store in Tumbler Ridge,told me he wasn't going to get any until he sold all his 209 stock.
post #37 of 77 (permalink) Old 2011-07-04, 08:36 PM

DSR600 features wrong on Shaw site.

For anyone that has visited the Shaw site looked at the DSR600. The features shown for the DSR600 are incorrect on the following page.
https://secure.shawdirect.ca/english/store/extras.asp

Shaw told me that this misinformation will be rectified on Wednesday.
The page incorrectly shows that most of the features on the DRS605 are also available on the DSR600. So don't be fooled and order one online based on this incorrect information.

Hope I am not doing wrong by posting this URL. If so, I am sorry for my mistake.
post #38 of 77 (permalink) Old 2011-07-05, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
Member #1

JohnR, can you clarify what misinformation was given and what it correct? It would be helpful to know how Shaw Direct misinformed consumers.

Here is what it says today

Quote:
Essential HD Receiver
Cutting-edge high definition receiver Smart, small and 3D-Ready
Requires elliptical satellite dish to get HD channels.
  • 100% digital
  • Flexibility to watch standard digital definition (SD) programming on your SDTV or SD and HD Programming on your HDTV
  • NEW INTERACTIVE ON-SCREEN GUIDE - Find out what's on up to 14 days in advance.
  • ENHANCED PARENTAL CONTROLS - Prevent access to locked content, including program titles.
  • POWERFUL SEARCH FEATURES - Find your favourite program by title, or locate whatever you're in the mood for with our expansive genre search.
  • SMART REMINDER TECHNOLOGY - Receive a reminder when an episode of your favourite show airs.
  • 3-in-1 Ultra High Frequency Infrared remote that controls your receiver and most TVs and home theatre systems
  • Digital optical connection for Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound capability.
  • HDMI OUTPUT - Stunning 100% digital HD picture and sound, all in one cable
  • Component and Coaxial and composite video and stereo RCA audio connection provide great picture and sound, no matter what type of TV you have
  • Bright front-panel display shows the time, channel and receiver status
  • Pay Per View - order Pay Per View movies and events through IPPV with your remote (no service charge), our automated phone system ($1 service charge per order) or through a Customer Service Representative ($3 service charge per order).
  • State-of-the-art hardware by Motorola
  • 8 PSK and MPEG4 Compatible
  • Compatible with Descriptive Video Services and Customizable Closed Captioning
post #39 of 77 (permalink) Old 2011-07-05, 09:41 AM
Veteran

It seems the features in the website are a copy of the 605 features. You can weed out ones not possble on the 600, due to the lack of connectors. That would include PPV, since it has no modem, until they can enable the network conection to report PPV orders.

Tuner/OS/UI features should be the same.
post #40 of 77 (permalink) Old 2011-07-05, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
Member #1

So

Quote:
  • Component and Coaxial and composite video and stereo RCA audio connection provide great picture and sound, no matter what type of TV you have
  • Pay Per View - order Pay Per View movies and events through IPPV with your remote (no service charge), our automated phone system
Are all false?
post #41 of 77 (permalink) Old 2011-07-05, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
For anyone that has visited the Shaw site looked at the DSR600. The features shown for the DSR600 are incorrect on the following page.
https://secure.shawdirect.ca/english/store/extras.asp

Shaw told me that this misinformation will be rectified on Wednesday.
The page incorrectly shows that most of the features on the DRS605 are also available on the DSR600. So don't be fooled and order one online based on this incorrect information.
Hi JohnR,

You're absolutely right, and what we told you via email is correct - that page will be fixed Wednesday. It didn't sync properly with the timecoded changes yesterday morning.

Hugh - you're close. Items in red should be deleted (i.e. these are the features that don't apply):

Quote:
  • 100% digital
  • Flexibility to watch standard digital definition (SD) programming on your SDTV or SD and HD Programming on your HDTV
  • NEW INTERACTIVE ON-SCREEN GUIDE - Find out what's on up to 14 days in advance.
  • ENHANCED PARENTAL CONTROLS - Prevent access to locked content, including program titles.
  • POWERFUL SEARCH FEATURES - Find your favourite program by title, or locate whatever you're in the mood for with our expansive genre search.
  • SMART REMINDER TECHNOLOGY - Receive a reminder when an episode of your favourite show airs.
  • 3-in-1 Ultra High Frequency Infrared remote that controls your receiver and most TVs and home theatre systems
  • Digital optical connection for Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound capability.
  • HDMI OUTPUT - Stunning 100% digital HD picture and sound, all in one cable
  • Pay Per View - order Pay Per View movies and events through IPPV with your remote (no service charge), our automated phone system ($1 service charge per order) or through a Customer Service Representative ($3 service charge per order).
  • State-of-the-art hardware by Motorola
  • 8 PSK and MPEG4 Compatible
  • Compatible with Descriptive Video Services and Customizable Closed Captioning
In the mean time, the remaining information on the website (including the spec sheet) is all correct. You can also reference the front and back panel images posted earlier in this thread.
post #42 of 77 (permalink) Old 2011-07-05, 07:56 PM

Hugh

Sorry I was not on to answer your question, but I see SD 630 has answered your query and did a better job than I probably would have.
post #43 of 77 (permalink) Old 2011-07-05, 09:46 PM
Rookie

Question does the hddsr600 NOT have the time and channel on the front panel.
post #44 of 77 (permalink) Old 2011-07-05, 09:51 PM
Veteran

No, the 600 does not have a front panel display.
post #45 of 77 (permalink) Old 2011-07-06, 06:19 AM

...no clock?...off to the dollar store I guess....lol

Tags
dsr600
Gear in this thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.