Rain or Snow Fade - Please read post 1 first. - Page 5 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #61 of 66 (permalink) Old 2016-07-14, 10:02 AM

@noah12 : Southern Ontario and Toronto had heavy rain last night. It's possible the uplink for the SD channels you checked were being disrupted by the heavy downpour.

LOSat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 (permalink) Old 2017-05-08, 02:04 AM

during severe rain, some channels (TSN's usually) lose reception and go to black. That's nothing new, but just recently, when the rain subsides, only the audio returns again, while video just stays in black. This never used to be the case. When weather lifted video digitally reappeared. The only way to get video back now after a storm is to change channels. Needless to say, this sucks for recordings in progress. Even if the downfall lasts a minute, video is toast for the rest the recording.
Anyone else have this problem lately? This is on both my DSR630 and DSR605's. I'm thinking a recent update messed something up.
post #63 of 66 (permalink) Old 2017-05-11, 03:01 AM
QCK

I have four 630s running and have not had this problem arise.

Last edited by 57; 2017-05-11 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Unnecessary Quote Removed.

post #64 of 66 (permalink) Old 2017-05-11, 10:54 AM

do you mean you never lose the signal, or if you do, you regain picture again after the weather lifts, and if a recording is in progress?
post #65 of 66 (permalink) Old 2017-05-11, 07:53 PM
QCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster View Post
do you mean you never lose the signal, or if you do, you regain picture again after the weather lifts, and if a recording is in progress?
The latter, after the loss from rain my picture comes back, and shortly after that the any recordings will continue.
post #66 of 66 (permalink) Old 2017-05-11, 08:37 PM

Ok, thanks. There must be either something wrong with my feed (too weak to bring back the picture), or all my machines have a software glitch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.