Shaw Direct HDPVR 630 Owners Discussion thread for owners ONLY! - Page 146 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #2176 of 2816 (permalink) Old 2014-06-14, 12:30 PM
Rookie

Not sure if I am understanding the posts regarding seeing both versions of "channel map". I was switched over to the new lnb last year by ShawDirect, and also picked up the new base receiver because they told me I would need the new receiver to view the new HD channels.
I still have some old HD receivers that see all the channels as the new one, with the only difference being that I cannot order PPV direct from the receiver, I have to call in and order using the id number of the event. My old receivers can still purchase PPV internally.
I see all the channels that I did prior to lnb change, in addition to all the remapped channels below 200, and all PPV in the 900 range. When I set a program to record on CTV-HD, and do not have another show scheduled at the time, the PVR will show me it is recording that one show on two different channels at the same time. The first channel is 34, the second channel is the older CTV-HD channel on 293.

Some posts here make it sound like I can filter out the older channels from the guide, and only see the newer mappings. Is that correct, and if so, how?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2177 of 2816 (permalink) Old 2014-06-14, 04:42 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD 630 Support View Post
Hi GaryE,

You're following the correct steps - once protected, a recording cannot be deleted automatically by the PVR, it can only be deleted by a user by selecting "Delete this recording". There will be a confirmation screen, confirm "Delete", and its gone.

I'm not sure why it would be sticking there and not deleting - try playing back a different recording, stopping it, waiting for live TV to come back in, and then deleting the protected recording again.

Let me know if you're still having issues and we'll go from there!
Hi--This is an old thread, hope someone wiser than I sees this. Our PVR 630 really screwed up a couple of days ago, to make it short, after a couple of calls to SD, it's working, sort of. Diagnostics R shows the 2 TB EHD with 1812 G free, INT HD 15 G free, both healthy. PVR list shows only 111 episodes of one show out of 216, 43 of another, about right, but many others not shown. When selecting play, only I episode appears in each of these? Also, it's recording OK, but in Upcoming Dates-several good channels are greyed out with "BOOK" by channel#? Any info, things to try, etc. are much appreciated ---Harv

Last edited by Rover71; 2014-06-14 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Wrong word
post #2178 of 2816 (permalink) Old 2014-06-15, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_scott View Post
Not sure if I am understanding the posts regarding seeing both versions of "channel map". I was switched over to the new lnb last year by ShawDirect, and also picked up the new base receiver because they told me I would need the new receiver to view the new HD channels.
I still have some old HD receivers that see all the channels as the new one, with the only difference being that I cannot order PPV direct from the receiver, I have to call in and order using the id number of the event. My old receivers can still purchase PPV internally.
I see all the channels that I did prior to lnb change, in addition to all the remapped channels below 200, and all PPV in the 900 range. When I set a program to record on CTV-HD, and do not have another show scheduled at the time, the PVR will show me it is recording that one show on two different channels at the same time. The first channel is 34, the second channel is the older CTV-HD channel on 293.

Some posts here make it sound like I can filter out the older channels from the guide, and only see the newer mappings. Is that correct, and if so, how?
Ok, I have all, 600 series receivers/DVR. Until 10 days ago, I didn't see ANY of the NEW LNB, mapped channels (I still use the old LNB), so, anything below 250 just wasn't there.
NOW, all my HD channels are duplicated below 250. The original, 'Classic' map is still there as well.
And, like you, the DVR notes upcoming recordings on BOTH the old, and new channel (for a single recording).
Any idea why this is happening? Did Shaw mess up and enable a new map for me? I have no desire to update my LNB. Will this be a problem?

post #2179 of 2816 (permalink) Old 2014-06-16, 01:59 AM
Rookie

The duplication is suppose to happen, if your pvr is recording both channels on both tuners do a guide flush.

Options 4-977-1 diagnostics data, go to diagnostics "f" and press info wait 30 mins for the guide to load. Also check your version line "h" on system status should be on 09.26.

Last edited by 57; 2014-06-16 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Unnecessary Quote Removed.
post #2180 of 2816 (permalink) Old 2014-06-16, 04:31 AM

Ah, do I need to do a guide flush? That would be a first for this four-year-old unit. H: current version = 9.26
Any idea what caused the new channel map to appear on a system with the old LNB: finger trouble at Shaw, a software update gone wrong, etc?
post #2181 of 2816 (permalink) Old 2014-06-20, 10:32 PM
Rookie

Not a new channel map they just added the duplicated channels to show up. As for why they did this no idea.
post #2182 of 2816 (permalink) Old 2014-06-22, 12:38 PM

Ah, so you're seeing the same thing, i.e. duplicate channels?
post #2183 of 2816 (permalink) Old 2014-06-24, 08:39 PM

Question Pixellation

My complaint is the pixellation on my replacement 630 PVR. My old PVR had very little pixellation before it died. The pixealltion is at its worst when I have recorded sports programs on TSN that are almost unwatchable. I have complained to Shaw Direct only to receive the usual B.S. that I should change my HDMI cable and purchase a pixellation filter. Last weekend I recorded the US Women's Open on TSN that was heavly pixellated. But as soon as the TSN ran a commercial, the pixellation completely disappeared, but the pixellation returned when the station resumed to regular programming. What gives? Is the issue with the incoming signal or one of the tuners in my 630 PVR?
post #2184 of 2816 (permalink) Old 2014-06-25, 08:58 AM

My 630 is in a temporary location with only one coax. Is it possible to force the 630 to do all its tuning using just the one coax?

It seems that it's trying to tune some channels using the 2nd coax (which isn't there). As a result some channels disappear then later reappear.
post #2185 of 2816 (permalink) Old 2014-06-25, 10:54 AM

You will need both coax's attached. The receiver alternates between feeds, so essentially the last channel watched is stored on the previous tuner feed. You will not be able to record while only one coax is attached, or at the very least you will only be able to record the channel being watched.

Shaw Direct DVR630 / DVR 630/ 605, Panny VT55", Sony XBR4, Oppo 980H, Yamaha 7.1 Surround, PS3! WDLive
post #2186 of 2816 (permalink) Old 2014-06-25, 12:48 PM

I guess I'll have to rummage around in the junk box to see if I have another 60' coax to run from permanent location to temporary location.

Sure miss the dual tuner Bell PVR needing only one coax (but not a lot else about Bell).

Last edited by 57; 2014-06-25 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Unnecessary Quote Removed
post #2187 of 2816 (permalink) Old 2014-06-26, 01:18 AM

Ever since 9.26....

Ever since the recent update at the end of May, 9.26, I've been getting a few recordings which suffer from pixelated playback. The pixelation is during definitive locations in time, i.e. I can rewind and see it again at the same time stamp.

I haven't seen any disruptions during live viewing, only recorded material.

Question: has anyone else noticed this since the recent update?
Or, is it coincidence, and the hard drive is starting to give way (my 630 is at least four years old I reckon).

Surely I'm not the only one with these spotty recordings....
post #2188 of 2816 (permalink) Old 2014-06-26, 12:18 PM

Location: Ottawa, ON; Shaw Direct HDPVR630; Samsung HLT5687; Harmon/Kardon AVR247; Harmon/Kardon HKTS11
Yes, I'm getting pixelation in my recordings as well, mostly from Fox East HD.

See this thread: Fox East and West Feed Pixelization
post #2189 of 2816 (permalink) Old 2014-06-26, 12:41 PM

mine is happening on various channels - National Geo HD, TSN2HD, etc
post #2190 of 2816 (permalink) Old 2014-06-27, 06:11 AM

Yes, I'm also getting pixilation in my recordings on Fox East HD.

Tags
failure , favourites , hard drive , hdpvr630 , reboot , shaw direct

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.