Star Choice Customer Service - Good & Bad - Post Comments Here - Page 28 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #406 of 633 (permalink) Old 2007-09-04, 04:45 PM
DSR505 Problem

I have 2 HD monitors; one with DVI-D and the other with HDMI. Ever since the upgrade, it seems both of my HD monitor would blink a few times (3 to 4) whenever I change channels or any other buttons on the remote would also cause my HD monitor to blink (screen goes blank for 1 sec per blink). This nuisance problem happens almost everyday until a power reset is performed on my DSR505 units.

It would seem as if the entire screen gets refreshed rather than just the small administrative area at the bottom of the screen where the current channel information gets displayed.

This problem seems to happen whenever after a message was sent to my receiver from the network, since both DSR505 showing the “TRIP COUNT” is always showing “1” or greater. The only way to fix this new problem is to do a complete power reset (reboot) of the DSR505 units on each monitors.
Sponsored Links
post #407 of 633 (permalink) Old 2007-09-04, 06:13 PM
Wow, wait times have been long.
Got my 505 about a month ago, they were supposed to have activated PPV at the time.
My wife and daughter tried to order a movie last week and found out the PPV hadn't been activated properly.
Waited an hour or so for a CSR, no problem he says, wasn't done right first time. PPV was activated on my account, but my receiver was showing up as a dealer. He'll fix that and I should be good to go.
Still no PPV.
Call again and wait for 45 minutes or so, authorization hasn't gone through yet. Be patient and give it 24 hours or so to set up.
Still no PPV.
Back to the phone tonight.
post #408 of 633 (permalink) Old 2007-09-05, 01:23 AM
phone EARLY in the morning to avoid long wait times.
post #409 of 633 (permalink) Old 2007-09-05, 03:23 AM
Damn waits. STAFF more workers :P. Or quit calling.
post #410 of 633 (permalink) Old 2007-09-05, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by sabres12
Damn waits. STAFF more workers
As has been stated many times on this forum, blame the Calgary labor market -- many places here are struggling to hire workers, so it's not all SC's fault.
post #411 of 633 (permalink) Old 2007-09-06, 03:23 PM
I guess you can really blame SC if you want. They are the ones who moved the call centre from NB to Calgary, presumably since it is the boss' home where Shaw is already established. Calgary has always been a hot market for employment. Plain and simple, you need to pay more to attract and keep workers in this market or else establish your centre where worker stability is more likely to happen because that is home (Lincoln, NB?) for them and there may be more potential workers than jobs.
post #412 of 633 (permalink) Old 2007-09-07, 09:10 PM
They do have a call centre in Mississauga and Montreal. There is absolutely no reason to have to wait 60+ minutes to speak to someone.

Right now all 4 of my 505's are not working with the migration to 8PSK. I simply am not willing to wait that long to speak to someone about this issue. I have better things to do with my weekend then wait on hold. I'll probably take the advise of some posts above and call in the morning and hope for a shorter wait time.

I don't like to sound impatient but 60+ minutes is just ridiculous. I can handle 15-20 but way.
post #413 of 633 (permalink) Old 2007-09-07, 10:53 PM
With 4,505's you must do nothing but watch tv.
post #414 of 633 (permalink) Old 2007-09-07, 11:58 PM
Wink Huh?

And if you had 9 telephones, 1 for every room, does that mean all you do is talk on the phone?
post #415 of 633 (permalink) Old 2007-09-08, 02:19 AM
With 4,505's you must do nothing but watch tv
Some of us use dedicated STB's to record to an external recorder, computer or...eek! a VCR
post #416 of 633 (permalink) Old 2007-09-08, 05:50 AM
When I originally bought *C I ended up with a 205 and a 505. Since I bought the 205 only a month or two before it became obsolete and as no one mentioned the fact that it was to be replaced soon I was always a little annoyed. Yes I know it was basically my fault, but it would have been nice if *C had the stores/ccr’s mention it to prospective customers as a warning.

Anyways I always figured it was mostly my fault and I’d have to buy a new unit (after I made sure the new units were stable)… I was wrong. I e-mailed ask Jim and explained about the 205, and the fact that I'm looking forward to the searchable guide which the 205 cant do, and someone showed up the next day to replace it with a 207 for free! Now I am just flabbergasted by this ridiculously good customer service. I’ve never heard anything like this from any other company. Way to keep the customers happy *C!

Last edited by morikaweb; 2007-09-08 at 05:58 AM.
post #417 of 633 (permalink) Old 2007-09-08, 09:18 AM
I'm a happy with SC service, It's excellent. I e-mailed Jim and explained that I had 2 older legacy receivers and was hoping for a upgrade for the new guide and all it's features. I got a 207 for 40 dollars and a 317 for 50 dollars. Within a week I had those 2 new receivers. Way to go SC, that's what I call excellent service and a way to look after your customers!
post #418 of 633 (permalink) Old 2007-09-14, 04:48 PM
I had starchoice for 5 years while I lived in LA, (I wanted to keep in touch with my canadian roots). I had the service billed to my mothers address, and just moved the dish and recievers.

I had nothing but good customer service, over those 5 years. Even knowing I was in the US, they where helpful in setup and problem solving. The funiest conversation of all was one day talking to a CSR who had to be from Quebec by the accent, and talking about custom's issues. As she explained to me how a custom's official pulled a private toy of hers from her bag and asked her to explain what it was to him.

I was sitting at work howling in laughter. Although I had Direct TV, down south, many of my neighbours came over to watch Starchoice they felt we had better programing.

Since I came back, I switch to Shaw, mainly for the VOD, and I so far have not been happy. I had a long fight on the phone with the CSR over the come back to shaw campaign. And I miss my Military Channel.
post #419 of 633 (permalink) Old 2007-09-14, 08:03 PM
Thumbs up

Tonite Mrs.Q called (only a 4 minute wait BTW) to see if our PPV credits had all expired....the CSR added 5 new ones & extended the expiry date until Nov 14!

DirecTV 1994-98...StarChoice/ShawDirect 1998-
post #420 of 633 (permalink) Old 2007-10-02, 10:28 PM
do to high demand the wait for someone to take your call is 1 hour,can`t these people hire enough people to answer the phone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.