Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Authorization Status: OC

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  tvmaster 
#1 ·
I have a DSR505 that was fine a week or so ago ( spare unit in guest room, so I don't watch it often).

Currently, I get only a few channels (know-Shaw weather-home shopping), and an Authorization Status of "OC" on channels that aren't working.

Signal level is fine, and other receivers in the house are fine as well. Also, TV Guide data is up to date and seems complete.

Is there something I can do myself to give the unit a nudge, did it mess up during a software transfer, or do I need to phone Shaw and stay on hold for 20 minutes?

Apparently, "OC" means old-category-sequence
thanks

#4 ·
You can also get a rehit over the phone but you need to be phoning from the phone number associated with your account. There is an option to rehit/refresh your recievers without speaking to anyone.

If you are able to see your bills online then you are already set up for the self serve area. Just click on the last option for refreshing your receivers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.