- If three onetime recordings are set and they overlap at some point, after one of the recordings is over the 630 will start taping the third show.
Show#1 starts @ 9pm until 11pm
Show#2 starts @ 9:30pm till 10:00pm
Show #3 starts @ 9:30pm till 12:00am.
Show#1 and show#2 will start taping at their respective starting time. When Show#2 is over the 630 will start taping show#3 (starts @ 10:00pm).
Under normal circumstances, this won't happen. The PVR will go based on the priority of each show and 1 of them would simply not be recorded (or get scheduled for a later time if you've allowed the PVR to do this).
PVR Planning may appear to behave funny if the Guide is not fully loaded. (You're basically asking the PVR to make decisions and planning based on incomplete information). Once the Guide is fully loaded, PVR Planning will automatically rerun and everything should be scheduled correctly.
In the above example, the shows may have been scheduled to start before the Guide had fully loaded. If you've been up and running for a couple of days, try this again. One of the shows will appear as a Conflicted Recording (with the "!") and will not recorded. (I just confirmed with Ninja Assassin (9pm-10:45pm), Living in Your Car (9:30-10:00PM), and Beverly Hills Cop II (9:30-12:00AM). Ninja Assassin is now marked as conflicted and will not be recorded.)
- When finishing watching a recorded show the 630 returns to the top of the pvr list instead of highlighting the watched show to allow it to be deleted.
I've been playing back shows all morning trying to reproduce this. Each time (from each of the 3 sort modes), the program is still highlighted when the recording ends and it returns to the PVR List. The only exception is when you start with the "Grouped by Program" mode, it will return with that programming grouping highlighted rather than the individual episode. Additionally, if new recordings have started while you're watching another one, it will be off by that number of recordings.
Is anyone else seeing this?
- Any pvr maintenance is too slow. It takes more than 10secs to update any changes made (like set up new recording, deleting, changing priorities)
When you're changing recording settings, the PVR needs to replan to update the changes. This involves going through each Recording Event and looking at 14 days of data times 300+ video channels. Each change made potentially affects another recording event, which affects another, which may then affect the first event (and so on). It takes a little while to run through all this and update the schedule.
- in guide mode selecting a show to be recorded it should show the extra options window if the series recording is selected. Currently after selecting the show to be recorded as series, one has to click menu, scroll to pvr, scroll to pvr options, look for the added show and press enter to change the options like record new/all episodes, only XXX channel/HD only, etc. Too cumbersome and too slow.
It's designed this way so you can schedule a whole bunch of series at once, and then go into PVR Options and make all the adjustments at once. When scheduling multiple series at the same time, you really appreciate this design versus some of the other PVRs out there!
- Search feature includes shows from unsubscribed channels and theres no way to determine visually that the listing is on an unsubscribed channel.
Simply select "View upcoming air dates". Airings that occur on unsubscribed channels are shown in gray.
- Can't filter porn stuff from the search feature.
Ensure that "Movie rating" is set to "Adult" and "Locked Programs" is set to "Hide". This will replace any programs with an Adult rating with "Parentally Locked".
Let us know if you're still having issues with any of the above (or anything new) and we'll do our best to explain or help resolve!