Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Amcrest Cloud recording problems

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Steve604 
#1 ·
Hi, I have 2 Amcrest 721 cameras (not POE) and a lot of trouble with their cloud recording. One is the paid 7-day retention, the other is the free 4-day retention.

Both have the latest (v18) firmware. They seem to do well after a power cycle and rapidly decline. Motion events are not being detected. I know this is happening because an event block will sometimes start (or end) with someone standing in the room with no adjacent even of them entering/leaving. Review is also problematic as the "download" button when using a browser in Windows 7 doesn't seem to work. Have to download on Android phone them find a way to transfer.

Is this likely a problem with the cloud service, or with the cameras themselves? Would a different cloud service (e.g. Angelcam) possibly do better, or is it mostly likely the camera? Would sticking an SD card in for motion-activated recordings be more reliable?

Or is there something fundamentally wrong with the hardware? Have about 7 days to return.

Thanks!
=aw

#2 ·
I have 4 amcrest camera's I would describe them as less that reliable,
Picture freezing is a regular occurrence, they will unfreeze eventually, but often I just unplug and plug back in my self.
They often seem to act up when there is a lot of movement in the picture.
They are pretty much good enough to see somebody pull into my driveway or walk up to the front door.

I don't use cloud recording, I use netcam studio, and android boxes with onvif camera monitor on screens around the house.

I feel it's a get what you pay for situation, most ip cams are double the cost of the amcrest ones

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.