Amcrest Cloud recording problems - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 2017-09-02, 02:13 AM Thread Starter

Amcrest Cloud recording problems

Hi, I have 2 Amcrest 721 cameras (not POE) and a lot of trouble with their cloud recording. One is the paid 7-day retention, the other is the free 4-day retention.

Both have the latest (v18) firmware. They seem to do well after a power cycle and rapidly decline. Motion events are not being detected. I know this is happening because an event block will sometimes start (or end) with someone standing in the room with no adjacent even of them entering/leaving. Review is also problematic as the "download" button when using a browser in Windows 7 doesn't seem to work. Have to download on Android phone them find a way to transfer.

Is this likely a problem with the cloud service, or with the cameras themselves? Would a different cloud service (e.g. Angelcam) possibly do better, or is it mostly likely the camera? Would sticking an SD card in for motion-activated recordings be more reliable?

Or is there something fundamentally wrong with the hardware? Have about 7 days to return.

Thanks!
=aw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 2017-09-19, 11:43 PM

I have 4 amcrest camera's I would describe them as less that reliable,
Picture freezing is a regular occurrence, they will unfreeze eventually, but often I just unplug and plug back in my self.
They often seem to act up when there is a lot of movement in the picture.
They are pretty much good enough to see somebody pull into my driveway or walk up to the front door.

I don't use cloud recording, I use netcam studio, and android boxes with onvif camera monitor on screens around the house.

I feel it's a get what you pay for situation, most ip cams are double the cost of the amcrest ones

Sony 75" X940D, 7.1 Klipsch, Onkyo TX-NR656, Xbox One/360, Nvidia Shield Alienware Alpha, Arris Gateway, 42" Samsung

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.