Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Paygo Wireless Web Increase

979 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  outinthornhill 
#1 ·
I have a new Rogers Paygo phone (as of Christmas). What I loved it is has a decent browser available for it but is not classified as a Smart Phone so you don't have to pay ridiculous bandwidth charges for surfing. Unfortunately I was just notified the $7 a month unlimited browsing is now going up to $10 a month. I can't see paying $10 use a crappy slow browser on a tiny cellphone screen.

Is it just me or does it seem like all the Mobile fees have been going up not down with added competition hitting the market?

#3 ·
Lots of chatter around Telus raising prices too. Shows, I guess, the incumbets are not too concerned.

An independent market research study released to day forecat Rogers would still have a 37% market share in 2014 while Bell and Telus would each hold 29%. The study forecast that all the others would only have about 1 million between them. That's a far cry from the Wind/Mobilicity/Public Mobile business plans. Someone is going to be disappointed if the research plays out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.