BellTV Remote Control Discussions - Please read Post 1 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 604 (permalink) Old 2007-11-07, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

BellTV Remote Control Discussions - Please read Post 1

Edit by 57. Please see posts 16, 17 of this thread for basic instructions. If you need more, please read the operating manual for your STB since it also has instructions for the remote. If you still have issues, feel free to post here.

See also the following regarding UHF remotes:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/show...26#post1480126

Need to program remote for your TV ?
These usually work
1- press and hold top tv button till all 4 light light up
2- enter code from the table in the manual
3- press #

Remote will flash 3 times ....done

Popular codes
Sony 500
Sanyo 683
Samsung 516
Jvc 557
Citizen 720
Daewoo 719
Hitachi 585

Perform a device scan to test all codes:
All other tv's ( while tv is on )
1-Press and hold top tv button till all 4 light light up
2-Press (tap) the scroll up button repeatedly til tv shuts off and press one more time
3-Press (tap) the scroll down button one or twice slowly to get tv to go back on.
4- press the # button and remote will flash 3 times... done

Vcr is the same method.

Last edited by 57; 2010-11-27 at 11:20 AM. Reason: added "repeatedly"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 604 (permalink) Old 2008-01-02, 03:02 PM
Rookie

Exclamation Bell TV remote codes for insignia line of lcd tvs

Does anyone know where i can find the codes for the insignia line of lcd tvs for the express vu remote control?
post #3 of 604 (permalink) Old 2008-01-02, 03:39 PM
Veteran

I don't think they are listed in the booklet...

You can always do a power scan...

Press TV light until all topight flashes... Press the POWER button, then the up arrow key until the TV shut off (it my take many press before it does it basically goes 500,201,502,503, ect.. If your code is 900 it might be long) then record

I answer based on what I learned when I was working at BEV...it's possible that somethings have changed since then

post #4 of 604 (permalink) Old 2008-05-05, 06:01 AM
Rookie

Thumbs up Code for Philips TVs?

The second set of directions does not seem to work with my Philips TV. Does anyone know the 3 digit code for this brnd?
Thanks!
post #5 of 604 (permalink) Old 2008-05-06, 09:46 AM

Anyone know the code to work with a Pioneer 6010FD plasma. None of the codes in the book worked and I can't get it to work with the channel up step either.
post #6 of 604 (permalink) Old 2008-05-06, 10:42 AM
Veteran

Location: Ottawa, ON - Sharp Aquos 52" LCD - Bell 9200, 4x5900, 3x3100, E50 DVD-R, Harmony 880, Garmin C550
Unfortunately, some of the newer equipment is not supported by the older firmware in most remotes.

When asking for help or codes, please mention the model and revision of you remote, printed on the label on the underside.
post #7 of 604 (permalink) Old 2008-05-06, 03:49 PM

If the code doesn't work for your device, use the random code search method mentioned in the first post
It may take some time
Don't press the up or down button too fast
Be patient, and it should work
If it doesn't, odds are the remote won't control your device
post #8 of 604 (permalink) Old 2008-05-07, 01:00 AM
Rookie

9242 need programming code for Receiver

I just hooked up the 9242 and all looks and sounds great, except that I can't get my Remote 1 to learn any of the supplied codes for my Marantz receiver.

I've tried the following codes: 651, 740, 742, 743, 764

Also tried the procedure to scan the remote control's memory when the code is not listed under: SETTING UP USING DEVICE CODES SCAN in manual.

I'm pretty sure I'm following the instructions correctly using the AUX mode to program my amp, but remote is still not learning it. In the end, I want Remote 1 to be able to control master volume, so I don't have to use 2 remote controls (one for BEV programming, the other just for pwr/volume on amp). Sorry bout the thread length.
post #9 of 604 (permalink) Old 2008-05-07, 01:51 PM
DHC Supporter

jodeci;
Are you putting a 2 before the 3 digit codes for the Marantz?
post #10 of 604 (permalink) Old 2008-05-10, 06:53 PM
Rookie

Yes, I am pressing 2 prior to code input. I'll try all the supplied codes again, and also try randomly (but press the up or down slower); i'll get back to you on this one.
post #11 of 604 (permalink) Old 2008-05-15, 05:13 PM

Hi,

On Bell's UHF remote, menu navigation for my DVD player (I can get in to the menu, but I can't move around in the menu) as well as skipping forward and backward a track do not work. I have tried other codes for the same manufacturer (Zenith) and they either don't work at all or have the same lack of functionality. Not really a big deal until I buy something like a TV series on DVD in which I have to use the menu navigation keys. Does anyone have any tips on fixing this?
post #12 of 604 (permalink) Old 2008-05-16, 07:42 AM
Veteran

Location: Ottawa, ON - Sharp Aquos 52" LCD - Bell 9200, 4x5900, 3x3100, E50 DVD-R, Harmony 880, Garmin C550
The standard remotes are pretty limited. Basically, you get what you get. If you've tried all the codes, then you've reached the limit.

You may want to consider a universal remote (see appropriate forum section for more info on what is available).
post #13 of 604 (permalink) Old 2008-08-01, 12:39 PM
Veteran

Just wanted to say thanks. The Sanyo code worked perfectly on my new plasma.
post #14 of 604 (permalink) Old 2008-09-12, 10:40 AM
Rookie

Thanks 57 - does not apply to my situation though. PVR is in a cabinet, isolated on its own shelf with lots of ventalation and only a VCR turned on, two shelves down, in the vacinity... nearest TV is a Toshiba DLP which was off when we encountered the issue.

I will admit, if I position my IR blaster in the bedroom to just the right location below the JVC CRT tv in there, the blaster starts lighting up as if it is getting lots of signals from somewhere....

Maybe I'll make a new antenna from a length of RG6 or 59 and see if it is a reception thing.... which would indicate the uhf strength on these new remotes suck or the uhf reciever on the stb sucks.... hmmm considering other quality issues with the 9242, it could quite possibly be the latter.
post #15 of 604 (permalink) Old 2008-09-12, 11:23 AM
Rookie

I had this problem too, I just got my uinit and was worred it was defective or the remote was, I switched to "band b" on the UHF remote, and I havent seen "INFO" pop up yet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in