Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Bell TV Retentions?

347K views 797 replies 276 participants last post by  dganz1 
#1 ·
I posted my first post in the wrong forum. I think it's more appopriate to post here instead. Well, we have been with Expressvu since like 1998. We are probably their first couple hundred customers. I still remember when they have an XPRS channel advertising how they are gaining customers and the start package was $8.95. Anyways, what I was wondering if I try to cancel will they try to keep me as a customer? I might be switching to Rogers digital cable because their Chinese channels are $5 cheaper.

#147 ·
Nice! Thank you! I'll give it a try and let you know how I make out.

>Call 1-888-673-3788
>Follow these options.
>
>Step #1 -> Press #1 for English
>Step #2 -> Enter 10 digit phone number
>Step #3 -> Press #2 for all other options
>Step #4 -> Press #3 to cancel subscription
>Step #5 -> Press #4 to cancel subscription (again!)
>Step #6 -> It's going to ask you to enter your PIN, you may not have one, so >just randomly enter 4 digits
>Step #7 -> PIN again .. randomly enter 4 digits
>Step #8 -> 'Please hold while we transfer your call.'
>
>That's it, you're in on retention line now!!!

#150 ·
Bell bartering? - I got a card from Shaw offering a free HDPVR

I looked around a bit but never seen anything on this.

I got a card mailed me ( my name on it ) offering me a free Shaw HD-PVR ( maybe be a referbished one and was wondering if anyone got this and called bell to see if they would match this offer.

If someone did this.... did you get a 9200 or a 9242? new? referbished

Just wondering what people got to maybe try call them for a free HD-PVR from Bell

B

#157 ·
For my part i got 30% off / month for 12 months (the rest of my contract), i got an additionnal 10$ / month rebate on my one bill because i have an hd pvr and i live in quebec province and finally, they come and change my 9200 in rental for the 9242 without any fees.

#161 ·
I called cancellations for win back program old cutsomer.They forward my info to Loyalty care team to call back. Called back with the offer the first time the rep asked me what I wanted for equipment and programing. Only one year comitment on my part. Just be nice and stright forward to the rep.

#162 ·
I called today and got the 9242 free for 1 year...have to send back 9200 which I have been renting for more than a year. I got 30% off programming for 1 year. I still had to pay the $100 deposit on my CC though. I tried to complain a bit but she said she had to do it that way. Technician is coming May 27th. My Bill was over 100 as well per month...now down to around $60 with no rental fee. I think its a good deal. Now to change my programming.

#169 ·
AIO credit?

Just got my Bill and I do have some credits there...
All in One activation credit Its a $100 credit...
2x20% off for 12 months
One time $50 credit

But, I got charged $75 for installation

#173 ·
$87 for 11 theme packs, digital standard, Movie Networks East
$10 for 4 HD Theme packs
$3 Digital Service Fee

$100 Bell Canada Wireline deposit
-$100 Bell ExpressVu credit

1 Year Contract (Been with ExVu well over a decade and have never asked for a 'deal')

Free Nimiq2 Upgrade
Free 9242 AIO Rental for 1 year OR $299.95 for a 9242 ORS

30% Discount off programming
-----------------------------
$67.90 Programming
$3 Digital Service Fee

35% Bell employee discount
--------------------------
$47.14

My bill dropp $13.25 by gaining 4 HD Theme packs and a 1 year term.

#174 ·
I got charged $100 on my CC as well, what is this deposit for? and, is it refundable?
That 100$ is the ALL IN ONE rental certificate (also called activation charge). That amount will be credited on the first bill after you activated the receiver (agent will tell you 3-6 weeks).

I assume it is a deposit for having to send out a tech to do the receiver swap?
It has nothing to do with the tech cost. If you didn't have Nimiq 2 and added and HD receiver you will be eligible for Nimiq 2 free install promo (no charge), if not you would have to pay the tech's charge, unless it was mentionned to be free has part of the retention offer

#181 ·
Yes. I work at Bell and I messed up when calculating.

I will be paying $36.95.

Good thing SKYDISH reps don't know I get 35% off my programming or I would have never been able to pull off the consumer deal. Installed yesterday and now have 5 tuners coming into my home with an extra available if I add another 9242 in the future.

I love OasisHD, TreasureHD, and EquatorHD.

VuPoint was my installer and I watched him while doing it to make sure he did a good job. I get a lot of complaints about VuPoint from customers but he was very professional, didn't leave any mess, and even let me keep my old dish so I can sell it. :)

#176 ·
I got a card from Shaw offering trade in and called Bell and got $300 off a 9242 and then free install and 40% off programming for 12 months.

Figured it worked out to $1050 savings to $700 with shaw ( and a referbished HD PVR ) .... so happy with what I got and learning what to try get in here.

Brian

#178 ·
I also had an offer from Rogers to ditch my dish. A free HDPVR for 2 years and free regular terminals for the other 2 TVs in my home (I would have traded 1 3100, 1 2700 and 1 4700).

I phoned Bell to get them to match and they said they would give me a free 9242 for 1 year, or 50% off either 9242 or their 6141 receiver plus free installation. I managed to get another $100 credit with my free HD receiver, because she told me that the installation was "free" but then when she told me the total, she added there was a $75 charge for the installation.

So, after all was said and done, I got a HD PVR for 50% off, free installation and a $25 credit. Probably not as good as some offers here, but I was happy with it.

I guess all things considered, most installers charge $75-100 to install the dish, added the cost of an HD PVR is $600. So, you will save some money going this route.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.