Bell TV Retentions? - Page 10 - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #136 of 798 (permalink) Old 2008-05-02, 07:17 AM
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON - Sharp Aquos 52" LCD - Bell 9200, 4x5900, 3x3100, E50 DVD-R, Harmony 880, Garmin C550
Posts: 2,814
Nobody can say for sure. If you aren't ready to leave then the choice is harder. If you really are prepared to leave, then see what happens. Seems pretty low though compared to what others seem to get.

Personally, unless I was actually leaving, I wouldn't go this route. If I was actually leaving, no offer would be good enough.
dosborne is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #137 of 798 (permalink) Old 2008-05-02, 06:12 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,113
Without the retention dept TV subscription is too expensive. I see an antenna in my future.

Last edited by haystack; 2008-05-02 at 07:43 PM.
haystack is offline  
post #138 of 798 (permalink) Old 2008-05-03, 07:29 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 27
So they offered to sell you a 9242 for 150 and include a free month of HD? Did that include free install?

Throw in free install and that's the kind of offer I couldn't refuse!
shepP is offline  
post #139 of 798 (permalink) Old 2008-05-03, 02:24 PM
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 37
Ooops. I made a mistake! They offered me the 6141 with one month service, not the 9242.

Sorry!

R
Robertazimmerman is offline  
post #140 of 798 (permalink) Old 2008-05-06, 06:40 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,302
What's the best non-HD offer seen recently?
barter is offline  
post #141 of 798 (permalink) Old 2008-05-08, 01:20 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 50
Bell isn't offering me anything

I currently have 1 9200 and 3 4100 with a contract expireing in a couple of months. Just got an email from bell that they would trade one of the 4100 for a new 9250 but I must pay for installation and sign a 1 yr deal. That was it for thier offer. I stated that Shaw now has a all in one package in my area that will save me over $100/m but they don't seem to care. Looks like my days with bell are limited.
sctlenz is offline  
post #142 of 798 (permalink) Old 2008-05-08, 01:33 PM
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5
Just wait closer to the actual date, if they do not give you a better deal then cancel and they still have 30 days to give you a deal.... I would find it hard to beleive that they will not come through. It is all about retentions these days.
kodi is offline  
post #143 of 798 (permalink) Old 2008-05-08, 04:44 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 35
I called Bell retentions today (been a customer for nearly 10 years) as I'm being constantly bombarded with offers from Rogers and StarChoice. We have Evu/phone/DSL/cell with Bell.

The chap was very helpful. I mentioned we are receiving all these "switch offers" and what could he do for us. I received:

2 year no charge rental of a 6141 receiver plus free install (no $100 payment)
40% off our current programming charges (7 packages + HD I think)

I'm happy with that. I've found the Bell service to be pretty reliable. My support for our DSL has been amazing . Only real complaint is that Formula 1 isn't in HD yet (but that's not Bell's fault )
guppy is offline  
post #144 of 798 (permalink) Old 2008-05-09, 02:09 PM
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 37
>The chap was very helpful. I mentioned we are receiving all these "switch >offers" and what could he do for us. I received:
>
>2 year no charge rental of a 6141 receiver plus free install (no $100 payment)
>40% off our current programming charges (7 packages + HD I think)

I think I'll give it a go. Did you call their main number and then ask for the Retentions department?

R
Robertazimmerman is offline  
post #145 of 798 (permalink) Old 2008-05-09, 02:14 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 35
I can go one better that that for ya. This was posted on a deals site forum:

Call 1-888-673-3788
Follow these options.

Step #1 -> Press #1 for English
Step #2 -> Enter 10 digit phone number
Step #3 -> Press #2 for all other options
Step #4 -> Press #3 to cancel subscription
Step #5 -> Press #4 to cancel subscription (again!)
Step #6 -> It's going to ask you to enter your PIN, you may not have one, so just randomly enter 4 digits
Step #7 -> PIN again .. randomly enter 4 digits
Step #8 -> 'Please hold while we transfer your call.'

That's it, you're in on retention line now!!!
guppy is offline  
post #146 of 798 (permalink) Old 2008-05-10, 03:11 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 634
40% off current programming for how long?
Digital79 is offline  
post #147 of 798 (permalink) Old 2008-05-10, 03:52 PM
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 37
Nice! Thank you! I'll give it a try and let you know how I make out.

>Call 1-888-673-3788
>Follow these options.
>
>Step #1 -> Press #1 for English
>Step #2 -> Enter 10 digit phone number
>Step #3 -> Press #2 for all other options
>Step #4 -> Press #3 to cancel subscription
>Step #5 -> Press #4 to cancel subscription (again!)
>Step #6 -> It's going to ask you to enter your PIN, you may not have one, so >just randomly enter 4 digits
>Step #7 -> PIN again .. randomly enter 4 digits
>Step #8 -> 'Please hold while we transfer your call.'
>
>That's it, you're in on retention line now!!!
Robertazimmerman is offline  
post #148 of 798 (permalink) Old 2008-05-10, 05:14 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 35
Quote:
40% off current programming for how long?
12 months. Then call again..repeat..repeat
guppy is offline  
post #149 of 798 (permalink) Old 2008-05-11, 10:21 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montréal, Qc
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by guppy View Post
I can go one better that that for ya. This was posted on a deals site forum:

Call 1-888-673-3788
Follow these options.

Step #1 -> Press #1 for English
Step #2 -> Enter 10 digit phone number
Step #3 -> Press #2 for all other options
Step #4 -> Press #3 to cancel subscription
Step #5 -> Press #4 to cancel subscription (again!)
Step #6 -> It's going to ask you to enter your PIN, you may not have one, so just randomly enter 4 digits
Step #7 -> PIN again .. randomly enter 4 digits
Step #8 -> 'Please hold while we transfer your call.'

That's it, you're in on retention line now!!!
This number are good for french customers too ? Except you press 2 for french ??
DrAkO is offline  
post #150 of 798 (permalink) Old 2008-05-12, 01:06 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 146
Bell bartering? - I got a card from Shaw offering a free HDPVR

I looked around a bit but never seen anything on this.

I got a card mailed me ( my name on it ) offering me a free Shaw HD-PVR ( maybe be a referbished one and was wondering if anyone got this and called bell to see if they would match this offer.

If someone did this.... did you get a 9200 or a 9242? new? referbished


Just wondering what people got to maybe try call them for a free HD-PVR from Bell


B
Edmonton101 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome