Well lets see is there anything I could really rant about with BEV
1) Simsubbing HD channels with Toronto channels that we could care less about east/west of Toronto, especially with the subbing happening with networks that don't supply OTA HD anywhere but T.O. and Vancouver later.
2) No firmware upgrades for the 6100 HD receiver that fixes DD audio receivers even though Dish Network has posted a few of them since the 6100 graced my home.
3) The guide information is only 44 hours even though current recievers can have upto 9 days of guide information. It seems they want you to sub to their VU magazine, as when I wrote asking for a bigger guide, they spent a good portion of their response on the VU Magazine.
4) No 24 hr HD movie channel at least in the west. There is talk that the reason for this is that they want *C to carry TSN-HD and Discovery HD on dedicated channels even though they provide nothing in HD programming.
5) Forcing a $3 rate increase if you have the old programming packages, which translates into about a 6.5% increase in cost for me. This seems to be a way to try and force old package subs to buy into their increased cost new packages.
6) Trying to get ppl to buy PPV for sports programming (Boxing) at $50 when the same programming is available south of the border and is included in the programming packages.
7) They do nothing to getting programming into Canada, but are one of the biggest fighters to keep Canadians from getting American channels though the grey market. This probably has more to do with the fact that they have crap networks they own and they do not want any type of competition where they may have to actually spend some money (also see #6).
8) BGM is just to big in this country, allowing them to control too much!