OLED tv - Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums

1Likes
  • 1 Post By mark_42

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 2017-02-15, 05:31 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

OLED tv

Hi,
does anybody have an oled tv hooked up to a bell express vu receiver(9241 or 6131).
How does the image look?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 2017-02-15, 10:22 AM

I have a 9400 hooked up to an OLED tv. The OLED tv makes the picture quality look really good, but that's the plus of the OLED, it makes anything look good. Run Netflix or a Bluray and they blow away the Bell picture quality.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 2017-02-15, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Thank you for taking the time to answer me.
How does Hockey look?
I have an Panasonic Plasma 42" but it's on it's last mile.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 2017-02-15, 11:15 PM

Hockey looks good depending in the original signal. Some of the Centre Ice channels not the greatest but any Sportsnet or TSN feed looks really good. Uou will not be disappointed. In my time I have had a Pioneer plasma and Panasonic plasma and the Oled is the best display I have ever owned and that includes the pioneer Kuro.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 2017-02-16, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Rookie

Thank you for your help,i just place an order for a OLED55C6P i hope i won't be disapointed.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 2017-02-16, 05:19 AM

My neighbor got an OLED TV. The images are really really great in it. If the signal is right, it would definitely blow you mind. OLED55C6P is a good choice. I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 2017-02-16, 09:17 PM

Motion resolution and perhaps longevity (it's too early in the technology to know) are better in plasma than OLED. Everything else is better on OLED. I'm very biased, but LCD/LED can't compete.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 2017-02-17, 10:16 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_42 View Post
Hockey looks good depending in the original signal. Some of the Centre Ice channels not the greatest but any Sportsnet or TSN feed looks really good. Uou will not be disappointed. In my time I have had a Pioneer plasma and Panasonic plasma and the Oled is the best display I have ever owned and that includes the pioneer Kuro.
Hey Mark...which OLED TV do you have?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 2017-02-17, 11:26 AM

Mr.Chapel, I think OLED55C6P from LG would be very good option to pick. Personally, I like LG products. My parents has an LG fridge which is 19 years old and still running just fine. Only had to change the compressor once. I know fridge and TV is two different things but still I think it won't be any bad.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 2017-02-17, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm_4u View Post
Hey Mark...which OLED TV do you have?
I have the LG 55EA8800 from 2014. It is the flat screen gallery model. Looks good and sounds great.
dm_4u likes this.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 2017-02-17, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Motion resolution and perhaps longevity (it's too early in the technology to know) are better in plasma than OLED. Everything else is better on OLED. I'm very biased, but LCD/LED can't compete.
I watch mostly hockey on sat so as long as motion is good on that i'm ok for the rest i got netflix.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 2017-02-19, 07:00 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars View Post

I think that OLED has some serious competition in the Sony Z9D, now that's mind blowing awesome tv. I saw a Bell 9400 on it at the store and I'd swear it was BD. If I hadn't just purchased Panasonic's DX900 which is great in it's own right I'd definitely have bought the Z9D. It will be interesting to see where the OLED & Z9D go.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 2017-02-21, 01:30 AM

I have not seen the Sony Z9D but I'm sure it's an awesome TV. High end LED are getting better every year. I would love to see the 100 inch Z9D, but at a $80,000 asking price it won't be at any dealer near me. SONY has an OLED coming soon which I would be more interested in. I've read that the panel is sourced from LG, and then SONY adds some of their technology to it.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 2017-04-30, 11:55 PM
gmd

Bell bosses must not be hockey fans (or still unhappy not to show the playoffs). Watching the Sens' game on NBC on Saturday was not obvious as we could barely see the puck on a 55" TV. Watching hockey in French on TVA Sports/2 and RDS/2 yields similar results.

Many French channels look better on the Bell Fibe app than on satellite (Moi - 194, Météomedia - 130, kids channels in SD, ...).

SC: 8-Feb-02>21-Jul-09 (TFO) | EVu: 23-Jan to 03-Feb-07, back 20-Jun-09
Bell, French packages, pls! Long live OTA!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.