Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

OLED tv

5K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  gmd 
#1 ·
Hi,
does anybody have an oled tv hooked up to a bell express vu receiver(9241 or 6131).
How does the image look?

#4 ·
Hockey looks good depending in the original signal. Some of the Centre Ice channels not the greatest but any Sportsnet or TSN feed looks really good. Uou will not be disappointed. In my time I have had a Pioneer plasma and Panasonic plasma and the Oled is the best display I have ever owned and that includes the pioneer Kuro.

#12 ·
I think that OLED has some serious competition in the Sony Z9D, now that's mind blowing awesome tv. I saw a Bell 9400 on it at the store and I'd swear it was BD. If I hadn't just purchased Panasonic's DX900 which is great in it's own right I'd definitely have bought the Z9D. It will be interesting to see where the OLED & Z9D go.

#9 ·
Mr.Chapel, I think OLED55C6P from LG would be very good option to pick. Personally, I like LG products. My parents has an LG fridge which is 19 years old and still running just fine. Only had to change the compressor once. I know fridge and TV is two different things but still I think it won't be any bad.

#13 ·
I have not seen the Sony Z9D but I'm sure it's an awesome TV. High end LED are getting better every year. I would love to see the 100 inch Z9D, but at a $80,000 asking price it won't be at any dealer near me. SONY has an OLED coming soon which I would be more interested in. I've read that the panel is sourced from LG, and then SONY adds some of their technology to it.

#14 ·
Bell bosses must not be hockey fans (or still unhappy not to show the playoffs). Watching the Sens' game on NBC on Saturday was not obvious as we could barely see the puck on a 55" TV. Watching hockey in French on TVA Sports/2 and RDS/2 yields similar results.

Many French channels look better on the Bell Fibe app than on satellite (Moi - 194, Météomedia - 130, kids channels in SD, ...).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.